Reporting Structure: –
Functional reporting is to the Head – Legal based at their Global Head Quarters
Essential Functions (Responsibilities): –
This is a Deputy Manager / Manager – Legal role that is very prevalent in most Global MNCs where it is very hands on role and at the same time it is very important at a Greenfield stage.
The Deputy Manager / Manager – Legal is accountable for: –
SCOPE OF WORK:
4 MAIN AREAS:
(iv) Cases/disputes resolution, Law firm management and daily consultations.
1) Contract Review:
– Commercial and Contractual: contracts review and monitoring, bidding legal advisory and contract performing support.
– Responsible for monitoring, reviewing and assessing contracts, laws, regulations and other legal documents affecting Company business, providing reports and advice on their implication on Company business to all functional and business Departments.
– Reporting, recording, archiving of all legal and contractual documents.
– Audit and Legal Department Risk Assessment tasks and documents recording.
2) Corporate Governance:
– Managing, update and recording the corporate books and Public deeds of the company.
– Drafting and reviewing BoD and Shareholder Resolutions, Decisions, MoMs, Memorandum and Articles of Association, and other relevant corporate documents.
– Proceed with Notarization, legalization and public registration of those documents.
– Advice and manage all Corporate Legal requirements (registrations, regulatory, permits, licenses, certifications…).
3) Compliance and Regulatory
– Compliance, Regulatory & Policy implementation and monitoring (both at Group and at Subsidiary Level).
– Support with Data Protection, Information Security, ABAC and Export Control programs.
– Compliance new policies implementations (DP, Car Industry, Information Security, E-commerce, Competition, Digitalization, ABAC, and Anti-Money Laundry…).
– Support managing the legal and compliance risk and designing compliance system and structure of company in INDIA.
4) Cases/Disputes resolution, Law firm management and daily consultations
– Cases: Manage and monitor and follow up ongoing cases; output legal opinion/solution, strategies, plans, and directly defend the company or manage to engage fit law firm with regarding to new cases.
– Law firm management: manage and negotiate with cooperative law firms, and control and monitor legal professional fees and expenses in favor of the company.
– Disputes: Advice and Negotiations about penalties, breaches, adjustments, re-negotiations, settlements and amendments.
– Daily consultation: Commercial, contractual, regulatory, Labor… working especially with Business (Research, Production, Sales, Distributions, Post-sales, Commercial and Logistics), HR, Finance and Outsourcing/Procurement to prevent and solve any commercial or Labor issue.
– Support with legal administrative tasks and internal procedures, basic contract review and monitoring, compliance & policies implementations, and support the director lawyer and compliance with the daily legal operations.
He should also have knowledge of these activities: –
- Output India governmental approval process.
Desired Candidate Profile
Education: LLB Full time from a reputed Law college
- Legal Counsel, with minimum 5 + years post-qualification experience in law firm or as an in-house lawyer.
- LL.M from prestigious universities or law school.
- Lawyers’ Bar practice member.
Working experience in Chinese enterprise would be preferable.
- : https://www.naukri.com/job-listings-great-opportunity-for-manager-legal-in-auto-oem-mnc-amor-management-consultants-chennai-gurgaon-12-to-21-years-020520000446?src=jobsearchDesk&sid=1588406093267744&xp=1&px=1